COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST R-1000 RECEIVER
- Factory tuned to any 4 MHz wide segment in the 148 - 174 MHz Band. Dual front end also covers 216 – 222 MHz.
- Very high sensitivity of -148 to -150 dBm.
- Variable RF Gain control with 80dB range.
- Step increments programmable in .1 kHz, .2kHz, .5kHz, or 1.0kHz steps.
- Digital signal strength meter that responds to narrow telemetry pulses.
- Loud 120mw audio output.
- 999 non-volatile memory channels. Each one with alphanumeric comment field and .1kHz (100Hz) resolution frequency storage.
- Scans through all memory channels. Dwell time on each channel is programmable from 1 to 30 seconds in 1 second steps. Any memory channel can easily be programmed out of the scan sequence.
- Audible beep feedback when any key is pushed confirms entry and can be programmed on or off.
- For illumination in darkness, the display and keyboard are backlit with LEDs for 5 seconds when lamp key is pushed. If key is held for 2 seconds, LEDs will stay on continuously until key is pushed again.
- Supplied with 4 high capacity NiMH rechargeable batteries for 12-hour operation.
- Also supplied with both 110vac wall charger and 12vdc cigarette lighter charger. Both chargers will charge and operate receiver with good, dead, or no batteries.
- Easy slide off battery compartment door to allow operation off regular "AA" alkaline batteries.
- Also supplied with tough nylon case with belt loop, rubber duck antenna for non-directional use, belt clip, wrist strap, mono headset adapter and coax cable.
- 1 year warranty.
- Please specify desired 4 MHz wide segment when ordering.
- Selectivity: 6dB down @ ± 1.2 kHz, 60dB down @ ± 2.2 kHz
- Receive Mode: CW
- Antenna Impedance: 50 ohms
- Antenna Jack: Standard BNC (BNC female)
- Power Requirements: 4.8vdc (4 ea. "AA" Ni-cad or NiMH rechargeable batteries), or 6.0vdc (4 ea. "AA" Alkaline batteries), or 9-16vdc from supplied 110vac wall or cigarette lighter charger
- Current Drain: 160ma at maximum audio output
- Dimensions: 6.1" (15.5cm) high, 2.6" (6.6cm) wide, 1.5" (3.8cm) deep, less knobs
- Weight: 12.4oz. (352 g) with supplied NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Headphone Jack: Top Mounted 3.5mm (1/8") mono headphone jack
The AOR AR8200 Mark III B (Series-3) is yet a further upgraded version of an already outstanding earlier wideband receiver. This sensitive handheld radio covers 500 kHz to 3000 MHz (less cellular) in: Wide FM, Narrow FM, Super Narrow FM, Wide AM, Standard AM, Narrow AM, USB, LSB and CW. The side keypad has 4 arrow keys presented as a single rocker. 1000 Alpha memories in 20 banks are supplied. The scan-search rate is 37 steps/second.
Bandwidths are: FM-W 150 kHz, FM-N/AM-W 12 kHz, AM/FM-S 9 kHz and AM-N/SSB 3 kHz (-6 dB).
Improvements in the Mark III version include:
* Extended frequency coverage
* Better sensitivity with increased resistance to intermod
* Improved temperature compensated crystal oscillator
* Stronger 1500 mAh high capacity Ni-MH cells.
The AR8200 Series-3 includes: Four NiMH 1500 mAh AA cells, AC charger, belt-clip, auto cigarette lighter power cord, removable medium wave (AM) antenna and RA8600 Telescopic Whip antenna. This radio may also be operated from a 12 VDC external source. There is a 1/8 inch (3.5mm) mini earphone jack on the right side.
The AR8200 series accept plug-in slot card options (see below). The AR8200 MkIIIB establishes a new standard in wideband portable radios. Only 2.4 x 6 x 1.5 inches (61x143x39mm).